2006-08-28

To Be A Teenager Again

You know, I left my teenage years nearly half my life ago.

Shudder

I can safely say I didn't get most of my teens. I wasn't in or cool. And it took me some years after high school to realise it doesn't matter. Some more years still to get over what could have been.

See, teens fight for their independence. At the same time, they want to be like everyone else. They want to be cool. They spend a whole lot of time on the here and now, not on the big picture. Incidentally, I find it interesting that one who seeks independence does it by wearing the same clothes as everyone else. So I suppose it's more of a cult thing.

These days they call me "Sir."

Shudder

From where I sit I have no problem with teens singularly or even in groups of up to three. Any more than that and they become annoying. Just the sight of a group of them, for instance in front of a school at lunch, hurts my eyes.

So you can imagine my delight when I came across this.

The premise is simple. As one ages, he can't hear high pitch sounds as well. So play an annoying high pitch sound that only younger folks can hear so they'll move on. Kinda like a dog whistle for teenagers.

Brilliant.

Teenagers apparently dig it. And they're resourceful.

They quickly understand the premise - that only they can hear the annoying sound.

And all of a sudden there's a market for a Mosquito mobile phone ring tone. Because adults (including teachers) can't hear it, and it's cool.

Categories: ,

2 comments:

jetboy747 said...

"Next time I hug an inanimate object, I'll think of you."

You better.

I linked to you. Get ready.

Ianc said...

Bring it on, biatch!