2006-08-08

Are You Normal?

This site has been on my mind since I stumbled upon it.

According to what Seth has written, he's had a webcam in his space for around 10 years. He appears to be well balanced in a way. What he does - having a webcam pointed at him 24/7 - perhaps does not seem normal. The images that reflect off my retina through that cam seem normal to me. I find a level of comfort watching. It remains however more fun to watch those who aren't asking to be.

But comfort is good. And I shouldn't judge.

I highly recommend the 'compressed time' day videos. You can watch Seth's entire day, from the deepest of sleep, to work, to other hobbies (I wish I was 25 again - man can he pull it) - all of this in a couple minutes.

So my lesson of the day follows. I'm feeling hard on myself for learning this lesson even though there was limited damage done:

Don't judge others.

That's it. I was reminded it is folly to assume you know someone's story unless you hear it from them. Sometimes one who lives an altered reality is more normal than one who seeks drama.

In the meantime, I'm checking to see what Seth was doing on my last birthday...

Categories: ,

No comments: