2006-08-01

A Public Apology

Last weekend, I was chilling with Sean on his balcony.

Being more hip (but less hop) than me, I asked what "owned" means.

Sean did not know.

I speculated aloud that it meant "To have control over; to be better than."

I further surmised its roots were in the South and is a reference to slavery.

Tonight I looked it up.

In short, if you are owned you have been made a fool of - by the owner, I suppose.

Its roots are in computer games.

Being a Runescape member, I should have known that. I've owned a few on there.

In any event I just want to apologise for this.

There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Slave remark.

I want to apologize specifically to everyone in the community for the vitriolic and harmful words that I said to a friend the night I was arrested on herb. I am a public person through my blog, and when I say something, either articulated and thought out, or blurted out in a moment of insanity, my words carry weight in the public arena

I wish to take it one step further, and meet with Slave leaders for a one-on-one discussion.

I just hope I'm not owned in hell.

Categories:

1 comment:

SeangSTM said...

*cough*

Excuse me, I DID (kinda) know what it meant and provided you with a rudimentary, on the spot definition. I HATE when people use the term and all its permutations - 'you got owned' 'ownage' etc.
Glad you looked it up though, now I know exactly what the idiots that use it mean.