2008-05-20

Today's Free Item

I stopped by that Sobey's Express today to pick up a couple items, and got another free bag of cookies.



Here's the e-mail I sent to Sobey's:

I would like to take a moment to thank you for the free cookies I've been receiving from the store at 530 Yonge St in Toronto.
A couple weeks ago, I purchased a bag with two shelf tags indicating they are $2.99. They scanned in at $3.49, and I was courteously given a prompt refund under the Code of Practice.
Today they are still marked $2.99 and still scan in at $3.49 and I'm still getting them free.
By the way, the hot dogs I purchased today scanned in at $3.29 (marked $3.49) and the crackers $3.29 instead of $3.39. The bread scanned in correctly, so your pricing accuracy on my shopping trip was 25%.
I've decided not to tell you specifically what cookies I'm getting for free as it's obvious to me there is a need for a store-wide price audit at this location.
In the meantime, my plan is to supplement my food bank donation with your free cookies until you no longer have any in stock or finally fix the price.


Sweet.

Categories:

3 comments:

SeangSTM said...

Dude...I love you.

ROFLMAO!!!

On a similar, but somehow unrelated note, I bought two packs of sliced roasted chicken for my week's sandwiches last night. I went to make a sandwich this morning and both expired on May 14.

That's seriously 6 days ago.

I fucking hate No-Frills.

Ianc said...

As you may know, I get a good amount of pleasure in bashing anything Loblaws. They tore down and rebuilt the store near me a few years ago. It reopened on a June 13th I believe. I bought some meat there, only to realise it expired June 6th.

Anonymous said...

Man, if I hadn't chosen to go into ministry I would have time to send sweet emails like yours! I'm at lordsday1 if you have misplaced the link. Had to take my name out of the blog for professional reasons - and because some people are now retired with time on their hands!