2006-09-06

Conservation Update

Been a while since I've provided an update.

Not much to report here.

I'm used to the measures that I have taken. I'm also looking forward to going back to my old ways after I get my $6.

I went to Toronto Hydro's website this evening. To report a streetlight outage - because I'm one of those geeks that keeps the city safe.

I stumbled upon conservation tips for apartment people.

A couple examples of what I read:

Temperature Settings: A temperature of 38°F to 40°F is generally recommended for refrigerators and 0°F for freezers. Follow the manufacturer's instructions, but check these settings by placing a thermometer in both sections.


Burner Tips: If you have a gas range, make sure the flame is blue and cone shaped by keeping the burner clean and unclogged. You can use a piece of wire or pipe cleaner to unclog burner ports. If cleaning doesn't help, call your apartment superintendent or appliance service representative. Keep burner reflectors shiny and they will reflect more heat.


As a result, being the prick that I am, I left the following feedback:

As an apartment dweller, I have taken several steps to reduce my energy consumption with a hopes of meeting the Summer Challenge and thereby saving an estimated $6.

I appreciate the tips you provide on your website. There are however some things I don't understand.

For example, Fahrenheit. And how maintaining my gas stove will help me save power.

Spending a little to ensure your content matches your market I'm sure is a good conservation measure.

Perhaps your expense in just having 20 similar comments read equals what it would have cost to have a couple eyes on your content.

Not that I don't believe you add value to THC, gentle reader.


Categories: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I managed to turn on the air conditioner last night just to foil your plans, Caped Crusader!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!

Anonymous said...

Here is the energy conservation tips page from the Ontario Tenants Rights site.

Ianc said...

Thanks for the tip - I've stumbled upon this site before; lot's of good info for tennants there.