2006-09-17

Canada's Wonderland

***I've been saving this in my drafts 'cause it's just not the way I want it. I am not perfect, gentle reader.

Sean and I try to go to Canada's Wonderland once a year. I actually look forward to the trips because I've only been there a handful of times, my first time about 10 years ago. We actually managed this Saturday! Of course, I forgot to buy the tickets on account I forgot we were going. Work has been busy, people! We managed to quickly get things back on track.

The whole Amusement Park concept intrigues me. One pays admission to spend most of the day lining up. When one needs a break from the line-ups, nothing satisfies more than a $7 burger and fries that were made it would appear at some point in the off-season. Just the whole 'theme' thing rattles my common sense. It's all very surreal. To that end, the walk in the parking lot certainly didn't help things...

Those who know me know I'm not a big fan of children. I have come to realise in a park setting, children are actually fun to watch. Except when they're crying because they're spoilt. Teenagers however are a menace to my adult sensibilities. As they were when I was a teenager.

I am a supporter of the concept of Adult Only days at all attractions, including the zoo, the science centre, museums and hell, why not shopping malls? Canada's Wonderland has come close - when they used to host Gay Days.

But I digress.

Sean and I were quite surprised to see how busy it was. Lots of families, and a bigger proportion of teens than my last outings. It actually started busy, and just got busier. We were unphased, for we enjoyed strolling and sitting and people watching. It was a very laid back outing.

"Hey, do you want to go hang out in a line?"

One of my favourite past times is people watching. That in itself is worth the price of admission! My new favourite thing is to go to Kidzville and watch all the yummy daddies suffering through the day. They're so vulnerable. Sean is good to remind me that I really should learn the art of subtlely.

And how!

Lineups are my favourite. Take The Bat, for example. By the time you are at the front of the line, you will have passed by the same people about 8 times. So every time the line moves, you get to re-check out the same people.

Sean is a good sport to put up with me. All he really heard from me all day was:

"That's hot."
"He's cute."
"Yummy."
"Where's a green umbrella? I want a smoke."

But it's give and take with us. All I heard all day was, "Dude, I'm not standing on the Go bus when we leave."

Check here for visuals.

Categories: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did i miss this entry???

Listening to your check out people who are clearly too young for you is never a burden, sir. :)