2007-01-29

Today's Free Item

I stopped for some groceries and lucked in today with a 2 litre PC Cola. I was planning on buying it (for I'm out of mix) anyway. I noticed the price portion or the shelf label had been ripped off other PC flavours, but not the Cola.


*Free item not exactly as illustrated

Sure enough, it scanned in at $.99 but had a shelf sticker of $.89.

This represents the smallest price difference and the cheapest free item. The interaction at the counter they call "customer service" was priceless, however.

Girl (In photolab shirt): Did you want customer service?
Me: Um, yes.
Girl: Sorry, I can't help you.
Me: What if I wanted to pick up pictures? Could you help me then?
Girl: Yes! Did you want to pick up pictures?
Me: No, I want customer service.

When someone who could help me showed up shortly after, I went through the same routine I always do. It started with "Are you sure you were overcharged? It was only 99 cents"

Come to think of it, that's pretty much where it ended as well, since she didn't say anything else to me.

I readily took my $1.13 given to me in cash, taking note of how it was made perfectly clear to me on a previous occasion refunds for debit transactions need to be on debit. I decide not to press my luck. I grab my stuff and bolt for the door.

On a related note, it appears Loblaws does read MLH. There were ample baskets at the entrance today. In a seven foot pile. It made me smile.

Categories:

No comments: