2006-11-27

November Sucks

I quite often hear from friends how much they dislike February because it's blah. Closer to Spring, but not close enough. I agree with them; I dislike February as well. What's with the extra R, anyway? And the extra day every so often?

Sorry February. As much as I dislike you, I reserve my loathing exclusively for November.

November is a shitty month. Ever shortening spans of daylight. The sun blocked by clouds for days on end. Feeble snow flurries. Brown grass. Mind you, we have had pretty good weather lately and even had a couple sunny days last week. <---This was difficult to write, as I don't like to associate positive comments with November. A few nice days isn't enough for me to forget about your black heart. It's kinda like how I think Paul Bernardo is hot.

For years now, I've pretty much shut down in November. I can never get enough sleep. I can't get out of bed. If I do get out of bed, I can't make it to work. So I can sleep all day.

I'm likely to break up with you in November. I'm likely to get sick. I have been known to go on drinking binges. Taco Bell, why don't you sell Soft Taco Supremes by the bucket? And Burger King, when are you going to open an outlet in the lobby of my building? And when are you going to start selling Poutine Whoppers?


It's become obvious to me I am a SAD sufferer. That's the last thing I need. More variability in my moods. So the obvious solution is to get as much light as possible. And that's what I've started to do. I've also started choking down some Omega 3 and Vitamin D. This seems to help as well.

I know the end of the funk is near. As Christmas approaches, I get out of the slump. Things look up on the first day of Winter, after all. We actually start to get more daylight.

In the meantime, I'm that guy wearing the taco-stained T shirt in line at Burger King.

Categories:

No comments: