2006-06-26

Am I still alive?

So on the weekend Ian partied like he's 26, not 36. Ian is paying the price for that today, and likely for the next couple days.

For the first time in many years, my haunt was not my home base for Pride. This was due mainly to my ho-hum attitude about Pride this year. Also in part that they were serving in plastic (pretty standard), you took a chance of having to line up again if you went for a smoke, and most importantly - they were cash and carry this year. No tabs even for the most regular of patrons. Oh, and the DJ refused to take requests, which imho really goes against what this bar still pretends to be.

Generally I leave a very handsome tip for my favourite barkeeps at Pride. I decided since it was cash, instead of tipping each time, I would just tip after the fact - like after the weekend, when all had settled down. That way my tip stays with the barkeeps that took care of me, and not spread out to all the extra staff.

That changed when my fave barkeep, after his shift, actually made a comment about the fact I gave him 50¢ in tips. I should be pleased I was on his mind and he noticed since it was so busy. Whatever. The fact that I love the guy saved him from being bitch-slapped. But fear not people, this is still my haunt and I generally enjoy chilling there even if it doesn't appear that way.

In any event, I managed to hook up with my friend Joe and his boyfriend. Come to think of it, they let me into the line a Zippers. I was quite drunk, told Joe's bf he's hot, danced like a fool, felt up one or two men, and poured myself in a cab. Very productive binge, I must say.

Sunday was a day spent with Sean, and his cool friend Nicole. We cracked our first beer at his place at 3, and proceeded to a beer garden. Let me correct your mind's eye right now. The garden is a parking lot most of the year. It's a parking lot with a fence around it during Pride. No gardens, just lines for everything. Beer tickets, beer, and beer return (portable cans).

I am a huge fan of people watching, and tend to be a bit of a visual stalker. If I think you're hot, you can expect me to look at you until you are no longer within visual range. I wasn't as restrained as that yesterday. I'm blessed to have friends that put up with me! In fact, Nicole was concerned I may be turning straight because I was checking out this woman that I found to be completely sexy. (Nicole thought her ass was too flat). We saw her later...she was completely drunk and completely un-sexy. I've never seen anyone get uglier the drunker I got.

A couple notes. These are not complaints, btw. One needs to pay admission in order to do that.

First, that beer garden probably held 3 to 4 hundred people. Twenty portable cans doesn't cut it. I love the fact that everyone more or less respected the line. Who is going to compensate me for the Depends I will likely need as a result?

And B, the portable sinks ran out of water early. I am a hand washer, particularly in those conditions. Although without the ability to wash my hands I have an increased risk of picking up a cold or something, the risk seems worth it given the number of people I got to see soap up their hands only to realise there was no water. Total gag!

So we were off to Pegs afterwards, along with Matt and Connell. Time had no meaning. I know it was dark, and they were out of Blue, so it made sense to leave. Sean and I went to two different ends of the bar, and each of us bought the other a pint. Having been double-fisting all day, this was not a good thing. For shame, I had to leave one behind. That's pretty much all I remember of Pegasus. My next memory was waking up this morning.

At the end of the day, now that it's done and for what it's worth: For the last few years Pride for me has really been about friends. In fact, there are old friends I only see once a year - at Pride. So if I chilled with you at some point during the weekend, thanks for your friendship, and thanks for being a part of my beer-soaked memories.

Same applies if all I did was stare at you. Or felt up your manhood.

Categories: , , ,

No comments: