2007-02-26

Friday Feast #132

Appetizer
Where on your body do you have a scar, and what caused it?
The most noticeable is down my chest, and was caused by a scalpel.

Soup
What is something that has happened to you that you would consider a miracle?
A co-worker several years ago went through something that he considered a miracle. Both he and his wife worked for the store. Things were very tight that month, and they didn't know how they'd make rent. He is a proud man, and was very reluctant to ask the owner for an advance, even though we all knew the owner always obliged without questions.

So that night he prayed, and he looked to his Bible to give him the humility needed to ask for help. Something fell out. It was two cheques - by now stale - one for each as part of the annual vacation payout. He brought them in to work the next day, and the owner was pleased to make good on them that day.

The kicker to all this being, he put them in the Bible in the first place, as he prayed for guidance to spend the unexpected wealth wisely.

Me on the other hand, thought it was a miracle that I got out of bed on Sunday.

Salad
Name a television personality who really gets on your nerves.
Lately, and the first to come to mind is Tom Brown. The weather guy for CTV is described by them as having a "unique fun and exciting style." I just can't stand how bloody happy he is all the time. I figure the tea drinking crowd just loves him. My mother, for example. Actually, he wouldn't get on my nerves at all if I were watching him with Mom in the room. I have witnessed her many times in the past getting visibly pissed off over a hot snap, for example. So Tom and Mom would technically cancel each other out. White noise.

Main Course
What was a funny word you said as a child (such as "pasketti" for "spaghetti")?
By Toronto's standards, every word I said as a child was funny, given my now-faded Nova Scotia accent. It's funny - you can make fun of an Atlantic Canadian's accent, but it's taboo to do the same with an ethnic one.

Dessert
Fill in the blank: I have always thought ______ was ______.
Fill it in yourself.

Categories:

No comments: