2006-12-19

It's Christmas already?

I sit in disbelief.

It seemed like only last week I was sitting on the phone with my sister and mother negotiating my trip to Halifax for Christmas. I remember it well - my planned 4 day excursion became an 8 day marathon.

The marathon begins at some ungodly pre-dawn hour tomorrow. I am not prepared. Not for an early wake-up, not for a trip, and certainly not for Christmas. Is this something that can be postponed? Can we defer the birth of Christ until the new year?

I think I'm looking forward to the trip. It will be good to spend time with Mom and Vic. Not like Survivor, but definately like the Amazing Race, where the next destination is always a restaurant. Also, it will be nice to chill at Rejections Cabaret for a spell.

Vic's husband has to stay behind due to work. He has been appointed the official caregiver to Mookie.

Ah, Mookie. The poor thing is currently catching a nap in my bedroom closet, unaware of the impending abandonment. It has taken me over 3 years to train the shithead how to live with me. All will be lost in the space of a week. Is he ever going to be pissed!

So, wish me well. I shall try to keep in touch to provide updates.

Categories: ,

No comments: