2006-12-17

I can't find a coffee shop

Of little use to anyone, I present you with a Tim's and Starbucks store locator.

I'm not sure about your parts, but in Toronto, you can't swing a cat without hitting a coffee shop. It just seems more efficient to simply look for one than to ask someone where one is.

But that's just me.

I wait for a connecting bus to work in the morning at Bayview and Eglinton. About twice a year, I'm asked by a stranger where a coffee shop is. I can see four places in which to get coffee without turning my head.

"What kind do you want," is my reply.

It is actually fascinating to see how many Tims there are. At what point is the market saturated? I used their online Trip Planner (yes, they indeed have one, just like their commercial suggested). I planned a trip from here to central Montreal. Within a kilometre of my route are 52 Tim's. That's one evey 10 km.

And if you've travelled with me, you've likely been to every one of them.

Categories:

No comments: