2006-10-02

The House Warming

As you may know, Gillian and Marcos now co-habitate. This was their excuse for a party on Saturday. I saw right through it and in typical style did not bring anything.

Sean of course confirmed with me during the week that I was going (after the Wonderland incident, he now knows I don't remember plans I've made).

The conversation was kinda like this:

Sean: Are you coming?
Ian: Can I just sit there all night and get drunk?
Sean: That's my plan.
Ian: Count me in.

So off we went to High Park.

I haven't seen G since the start of the summer....only a couple times after Sean's party. I saw M one more time than that. They both seemingly fell off the earth (explaining why their blogs got so lame all of a sudden). So it was wonderful seeing them!

Now, I knew exactly three people at this shin-dig. I'm not big into parties where I don't know anyone.

I've been dragged to a few parties by my friends where I didn't even know the host. Hell, I even dragged a guy on a date to a party where I didn't know the host. He gave me pitty sex afterwards, so I suppose it was worth it.

I was pleasantly surprised and happy to report that G and M have a cool flock of friends. They're friendly. They've known each other for a while but are not completely inclusive, if that makes sense.

And every last one of them was good looking. Truth be told, some were actually hideous until I got drunk - and then they become sexy. Must have been the 2-4 Sean and I killed.

Sean went in (we spent most of the evening on the sidewalk in front of the house) to take a pee. M reported that she in fact went to bed to pass out.

It's all good - I know he can't outlast me. I just wish he decided to crash before he drank the last beer. But in a small way it balanced out because I went into the bedroom and bothered him. He surely doesn't remember. I however thought it was a riot.

A party is over when one of three things happens:
  1. There is no more alcohol
  2. The host is having a drunken fight with someone else
  3. You are asked if you want to crash
As much as I was wanting to see a spectacular tiff between M and G, it wasn't meant to be. Number 1 already happened, number 3 just occurred.

Off into the cruel world I went.

It was after 4 am, after all.


Categories: ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was told that you came in to talk to me, but was sure it was a joke. Now I'm curious...

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention...

The party ain't over until there is a man in a skirt passed out on your floor.

Sorry my blog is lame. As a small consolation, the date has already been picked for the next soiree.