2007-04-07

April Fools?

Vic and I were talking over breakfast about an AP story in the Star.

According to the story, an amusement park in California has a stern no-screaming policy for its new ride, named The Screamer.

The policy was put into effect on March 29th, a few weeks after the ride opened. The neighbours have been complaining about the noise. Never mind they live on the other side of a 12 lane highway.

Once you give the story a read, I think you agree it comes across as an April Fools' joke. After some research, I am on the fence.

First of all, here's the website for the park in question. It is possible the website is made-up. It is a tragic site to say the least, and appears not to have been updated since August. There is no mention of the new ride. The place does exist, as it can be seen on Google Maps.

I checked out the town's website to see if I can sniff anything there. No mention in their meeting minutes. Council did agree to close some streets to allow for a parade at the start of Little League season however. This of course sways me that the place is hick enough not to tolerate screaming.

I shall continue scanning for news that this is a hoax. In the meantime i shall consider this a publicity stunt for the park.

Categories:

No comments: