2007-08-08

Small Town News

My sis was good enough to send me a link to an article from the local paper where we used to live Out East.

Yes.

A link to an article online.

So I spent an entire week reading nearly every article at novanewsnow.com. What a thrill! The article by the way was about some sewer engineering documents that had the decimal in the wrong place, which doubles the cost of the project in Kingston.

While living there, and whenever I visit, I make sure to pick up a couple of these locals for the entertainment if nothing else. (I was in the "goings on" section one year, announcing I was visiting)

Give it a surf. If the stories don't give you a chuckle, the writing technique certainly will! I'll give you a couple articles to start you off:

Vandalism turns over new leaf
West Kentville residence sullied by dumping of 65 bags of leaves

I was a young teenager in the Valley. I can vouch that there is nothing to do there. So, I can see myself as a 14 year old with my friends, collecting 65 bags of leaves from the neighbourhood and dumping them on some poor fool's yard. The highlight:

The man said he has no idea who would do such a thing, but he hopes the person or people responsible will come forward. He said at least seven homes had bags of leaves stolen from them and these homeowners have been affected and violated by the incident as well. “It affected the whole subdivision in a negative way."

Worst winter ever
'I'm 61 and I don't need this crap'

You'll just have to click on the link to truly appreciate this one.

Categories: ,



No comments: